Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone – time to recheck that
holiday gift list! What can you give that won’t end up in the back of a
closet or forgotten about? Look at your list with your own values,
resources and priorities in mind. A sustainable choice to avoid plastics
and landfills may resonate. The gift of an experience or adventure may
be more your style. Whether you shop with your feet or your fingers,
here are FIVE ideas to get you going.
- The Gift of Learning: gift a class, lessons or memberships: cooking, herb gardening, knitting, photography, golfing, yoga or sky diving or skiing lessons.
- Something Handmade: create or build something unique: home-cooked, garden-grown, hand-painted, hand-crafted or collected.
- Give an Experience: Tickets to the theater, concert, movie, zoo, theme park, sporting event, museum, or maybe a boat tour
- Gifts That Last: a musical instrument, a board game, a planting kit, tools for gardens or crafts, gear for sports or hobbies.
- The Gift of Time: play that board game you gave, help with the planting kit, offer to babysit or pet-sit (or grandparent sit!)
gift cards are always good; thoughtful, personal gifts, or fun
experiences or adventures may be more meaningful – for you and for them.
And just in case, save your receipts.