Thousands of Florida massage therapists renew their licenses every two years and more become newly licensed each year. One thing we can guarantee them, there are many of us who want massage and then there are those of us who really, REALLY NEED massage.
5 Guaranteed Ways To Join the “Back Wrecking” Club:
1. Tech Neck: Craning to read and respond to text messages, slumping over your laptop or tablet, straining to read your monitor, or even slumping for hours on your cushy sofa watching TV.
2. Schlepping Heavy Stuff: Cramming your tote, purse or briefcase full of lots of heavy stuff can cause back, neck and shoulder pain. Carrying or strapping that load on one side of your body or slung over one shoulder adds insult to injury. (We even have some tuba-toting customers too.)
3. Slouching: Do you round your shoulders while perched in your office chair, reading, or driving? If so, before you know it, gravity is no longer your friend. (Fun Fact: did you know that an average human head (weighs about 10 to 12 pounds?)
4. Faulty Foot Wear: Tip-toeing around in high heels, flitting around in your iconic Florida flip flops, or running fleet-of- foot in worn out, deflated sneakers or thinly-soled All Stars can shoot pain right up your spine.
5. Gym Addiction: Sometimes even a really good thing can go wrong. Exercising the incorrectly, too much or too often can put stress and strain on your spine, causing pain and possibly even injury.