February is Heart Health Awareness Month. Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives than all forms of cancer combined. Yikes. Here are some strategies for taking care of YOUR heart.
- Move your body! Gadgets galore track your steps – go for 10,000 a day! Dance, swim, take a yoga class.
- Put your heart on your grocery list: Opt for oatmeal, salmon, berries of many hues. Enjoy our fab heart-healthy Florida oranges and avocados.
- Know your numbers. Keep tabs on your blood pressure, monitor your heart rate during exercise, watch your weight.
- Take your Doc’s advice: Don’t smoke, avoid saturated fats and limit your sugar intake.
- Dial back stress! Don’t overpromise, leave “white space” in your calendar, relax with friends, curl up with a book, nap. Book a massage, we think it’s an awesome way to relax.