New Year – New You? We chose a resolution that inspires us to be more active, healthier and have fun. We registered for this year’s IOA Corporate 5K in downtown Orlando. While we’re downloading the C25K (CouchTo5K) app, read our 5 Reasons to Run/Walk a 5K:
We plan to lose some of our carefully-curated Holiday pounds.
We can shop for some cool running shoes and blinky lights to go on ’em.
We aspire to hang out with more of our Orlando “sole” mates.
We’ll create some awesome new Take 5 Massage Corporate 5K team shirts.
We’ll make lots of new friends who really, really NEED massage.
For many Floridians, fall means hopping into your car and heading north in search of brilliant vistas of fall foliage backlit by pure, blue autumnal skies. Pulling over for a few roadside stands, their bounty often offers fresh-squeezed apple cider, boiled peanuts, piles of home-grown pumpkins and/or jars of local Appalachian honey. Here’s a cool interactive map of Fall Foliage Prediction Map. We’ll miss you while you’re gone, but post plenty of pics so we can all enjoy your adventures.
Road Trip Tips for Floridian Leaf Peepers:
1) Plan your overnight stays. Hotels, B&Bs and especially campsites book up.
2) Choose your routes. There are many scenic highways and byways to explore.
3) Use your GPS to alter your route & discover rural before-the-interstate highways.
4) Carve out some time for local Festivals, farmer’s markets and flea markets.
5) Avoid back pain. Stretch on your stops, swap drivers when possible and pack an ice pack.
Thousands of Florida massage therapists renew their licenses every two years and more become newly licensed each year. One thing we can guarantee them, there are many of us who want massage and then there are those of us who really, REALLY NEED massage.
5 Guaranteed Ways To Join the “Back Wrecking” Club:
1. Tech Neck: Craning to read and respond to text messages, slumping over your laptop or tablet, straining to read your monitor, or even slumping for hours on your cushy sofa watching TV. 2. Schlepping Heavy Stuff: Cramming your tote, purse or briefcase full of lots of heavy stuff can cause back, neck and shoulder pain. Carrying or strapping that load on one side of your body or slung over one shoulder adds insult to injury. (We even have some tuba-toting customers too.) 3. Slouching: Do you round your shoulders while perched in your office chair, reading, or driving? If so, before you know it, gravity is no longer your friend. (Fun Fact: did you know that an average human head weighs about 10 to 12 pounds?) 4. Faulty Foot Wear: Tip-toeing around in high heels, flitting around in your iconic Florida flip flops, or running fleet-of- foot in worn out, deflated sneakers or thinly-soled All Stars can shoot pain right up your spine. 5. Gym Addiction: Sometimes even a really good thing can go wrong. Exercising the incorrectly, too much or too often can put stress and strain on your spine, causing pain and possibly even injury.